As schools get out for summer, now is a good time to take a look at all the ways to keep kids interested in learning during the long summer days.
Many libraries and bookstores will offer summer book clubs.
- Our own Kokomo-Howard County Public Library is offering a great summer reading program. Check out the details at http://www.khcpl.org/information/news/401-summer-reading-program-details
Barnes & Noble - May 17- September 6
- Go to the store or the website to pick up their summer reading journal, and fill it out. Then return it to the store for a free book from the reading journal list.
- Open to kids grade 1-6
Half Price Books - June 1-July 31
- For kids in high school and younger
- Read 15 minutes per day and log each day’s time on a reading log (high schoolers write book reviews online instead)
- After reading 300 minutes, turn in your log to earn “Bookworm Bucks” ($5 to spend in store)
Scholastic - May 9 - September 9
- Read and log your minutes for a chance to win prizes online at http://www.scholastic.com/ups/campaigns/src-2016
Don’t forget to read all about the great ways you can save at Solidarity. From loans to savings clubs, we have something for our members of all ages. Learn more at http://www.solfcu.org.