Solidarity was started in 1954 by Delco Electronics employees pooling their funds together to help a co-worker purchase a car. They did this by placing a quarter a week in a cigar box until they had enough saved to buy the car. Thus, they started a not-for-profit cooperative called a "credit union". There are no stockholders-the members own the credit union.
Solidarity is a financial cooperative that requires membership. You may join Solidarity if you live, work, worship, or attend school in:
- Howard County (includes Kokomo, Indiana)
- Tipton County (includes Tipton, Indiana)
- Peru, Indiana - selected areas (click here for map)
- Logansport, Indiana - selected areas (click here for map)
- Grissom AFB & Metroplex (click here for map)
- Are a family member of an existing Solidarity member
- Volunteer in the above communities
As a member-owned financial institution, we exist solely to improve the financial well-being of the members. Besides enjoying the latest and most convenient electronic services, members are provided with a safe, convenient place to save and obtain loans at reasonable rates.
Solidarity is led by an all volunteer Board of Directors that is elected by the membership to serve and uphold the financial values and standards established by their fellow members.